Many people ask me why I take so many different supplements. I wanted to answer that question as well as why I no longer take any prescriptions. My Rx for health is different these days.
Years ago, I took SIX prescriptions a day which accounted for 11 dosage pills a day AND an inhalation 2-3 times a day to control asthma.
I thought nothing of the fact that I was taking this many meds until I stopped to think about the fact that ONE of those prescriptions was to counteract the side effects of the others. Overall, I was miserable with no energy and I kept gaining weight.
These “helper” drugs had horrible side effects, in fact, I had to have blood tests regularly to monitor my liver functions because one of them could kill my liver. None of them were “curing” any of my issues, they just covered them up and caused me to need more meds. I was on track to be like my grandparents with cabinets full of prescription meds.
TODAY, I take many supplements a day, to fill in for what I miss in my diet and have found can help me with my specific issues. I know that my system has holes and issues that can cause symptoms to pop up and as long as I keep those holes filled my body will function properly.
I begin with a solid foundation, a “Rx for Life” type attitude.
- I begin my day with a protein smoothee that allows my energy levels to be maintained throughout the day by providing my body a jump start for the day.
- I take a Vitalizer strip that provides the basic nutrition needed daily, right to the place where it is needed so my body can absorb it and use it as it is needed through the day.
- A Nutriferon to keep my immune system healthy and strong.
- Vivix assists in my body’s work to keep me young at heart and at the cellular level.
I also take a few other supplements & made a couple other changes to target issues I know my body deals with on occasion.
- I take Immunity I, 2 a day, and it keeps any allergies at bay. When allergy season is at extra high pollen count, I add a another one. I also take alfalfa to help with my allergies.
- Joint Health Complex, VitalMag, and Osteomatrix help with my joint pain, when I stop moving, my joints start hurting…
- Omegaguard – also helps with my joints, but is good for my heart & Brain as well.
- B Complex and Stress Relief Complex are what help me with any anxieties, and when I get the blues. I also use some cognitive therapy and Mindful Based Stress Reduction.
NOT A SUPPLEMENT – I switched to the Get Clean line of household cleaners. Eliminating all the toxins, especially phthalates, made a huge impact on my asthma. I haven’t needed an inhalant in years.
I choose this particular brand of supplement, because they have NEVER had a negative market incident (recall) and I know the testing involved for quality control. I AM PICKY, and I use specific criteria to choose what supplements and other products my family use.
Have a GREAT day!
You must be logged in to post a comment.