Every person has the opportunity to begin reversing this statistic. It begins by paying attention to prevention. Eating to live and moving toward a healthier life, one step at a time.
For more information on what healthy nutrition looks like or for coaching and guidance in attaining better health, contact me.
We can work with you one on one, in groups, or direct you to resources for the issues you are facing. Give your body what it needs and let it do the rest.
If you are not meeting these 7 criteria, it is not too late, by making conscious choices and moving 1 step at a time we can all get back to these criteria for better health!
If I could do it, you can too!
Talk with your health care provider about what you can do to better meet the Seven Factors for Ideal Cardiovascular Health.
If you’re age 20 or older, have your cholesterol levels checked at least once every five years.
If you would like additional information on how to get back into these parameters for a healthy lifestyle, please, feel free to contact me.
People in the US consume more food, per capita, than any other nation.
We also are top contenders for the most coronary/heart disease, stroke, cancers, diabetes, and hypertension.
Its not too late to make a change. Once we begin feeding our body what it needs to build healthy, happy cells the body begins getting stronger and better able to correct issues that lead to those top, silent killers.
Delicious, healthy, gluten free bread recipe. It stays moist and so very yummy! My family and co-workers LOVE it!
||1/2 cup instant protein
|1/2 cup applesauce
||1 cup Buckwheat flour
|1/4 cup grape seed oil
||1 cup rice flour
|2/3 cup packed brown sugar
||1 cup oat flour
|1/2 cup white sugar
||1 TBSP ground cinnamon
|2 med. grated zucchini
||1 tsp nutmeg
|3-4 med ripe bananas
||1 1/2 tsp baking powder
|2 tsp vanilla extract
||1 tsp baking soda
||1 tsp salt
||1 cup dried cranberries (optional)
||1/2 cup chopped pecans
PUT IT TOGETHER
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease & flour two 8×4 inch bread/loaf pans.
- In large bowl, beat eggs until frothy & light yellow. Add oil, brown sugar, white sugar, grated zucchini, bananas, and vanilla; blend together until well combined. (My kitchen aid mixer works well for this.)
- In a separate bowl mix instant protein, flours, spices, baking powder, baking soda, & salt.
- Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients in big bowl.
- Divide the batter evenly between the 2 prepared loaf pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 55 minutes with our oven.
- Allow to cool in the loaf pans on wire racks before removing & serving.
Enjoy this tasty treat! It stores nicely in plastic bags in the fridge, or freeze a loaf to enjoy in the future.
Every dollar we spend is a vote. When we purchase products that are unnatural, we vote for that company to continue on that path.
Every time we pass by something with artificial sweeteners/colors/flavors, pass by cleaners with toxic fumes/contents/reactions, and pass by beauty and personal care products containing carcinogens, we are voting for those companies to research and implement more natural products. Products that are less harmful to our bodies, our environment, and our CHILDREN!
This could be a huge help in our battle with the health care system and its costs. Attention to prevention is a big key to that. Everything we surround ourselves with has an effect on our health and well being – be it positive or negative – it has an effect.
Vote today, vote for produce without poisons. Vote for cleaners that don’t cause and irritate asthma. Vote for laundry detergents that don’t contain carcinogens. VOTE FOR HEALTHY OPTIONS!
If you would like more information on healthier options to vote on, feel free to contact me.
No matter what system you choose to use, there are 7 tips to attaining your health/weight loss goals. They sound easy, they are easy, however, the trick is in maintaining all 7 tips at the same time for an extended period of time.
It can be done. I’ve done it, my friends have done it, and others are doing it too.
The tips I will mention here will be specific to the Shaklee180 Turnaround Plan, but are basically the same for other balanced systems.
- Know your why. (Here are some examples from my clients.)
— To fit on the roller coaster with my kids
— To get healthy so I can play with/coach my kids in sports
— To eliminate my type 2 diabetes
— To get my “sexy” back
- Make a PUBLIC commitment. (When others support you, the challenge is easier to maintain.)
— Tell your family
— Tell your friends
— Tell your co-workers
— If you tell a friend & they don’t support/back you – FIND A NEW FRIEND!
- Get an accountability partner. (Its always fun to work with someone along side you.)
— Someone to join you in the journey
— Someone who also wants to improve their health/get sexy back
- Exercise 30 minutes each day. (The more you exercise, the more you can eat!)
— Walk briskly
— Train for a 5K or other event
— Find a Yoga class
— Find a High Intensity Interval Training Program (HIIT)
- Follow the plan as it is DESIGNED. (Shaklee180 Turnaround is designed to be complete and work as a system.)
— Science backs the program
— It is proven to work – when you work it
— Complete nutrition is a must – the system provides it
- Keep a food journal. (Many times my clients find they eat more than they thought in a day.)
— Everything you eat AND drink
— Trouble shooting is easier when we know where to begin
— Many times we find the lips are very busy during the day
- Don’t get complacent. Don’t Give up. Don’t be mean. (Attitude makes a difference.)
— Set the goal – reach for the goal
— If you have a set back, move on from there
— Don’t beat yourself up for mistakes you make
For additional information on the Shaklee180 Turnaround or how we can work with you and coach you to reach your goals for your why, contact me.
Your body can eliminate worthless food, but it cannot build tissue cells out of the foods you do NOT eat.
Eating a portion of devitalized food is not going to kill you, but it may prevent you from eating enough of nourishing foods. ~Dr. Forest Shaklee
Our bodies are constantly making new cells. It uses nourishment from the foods we eat to build those cells. If we give the body “shoddy building materials” how can we expect it to build top notch cells that are prepared to fend off dis-ease and discomfort?
CHOOSE to eat foods that BUILD A BETTER BODY!
For more information, feel free to contact me.
Nutrition is how we feed our cells. If we feed our cells crap, they don’t have much to make quality new cells. When we provide a balanced diet of whole foods and quality supplements, then quality cells are built and our health is better. We are then better able to fight off illnesses or degenerative diseases.
For more information on how you can come out of the dark and begin working toward better health, contact me.
It sounds so easy, and it is when you begin working toward better nutritional choices for your body, one step at a time.
There are many factors that contribute to a compromised immune system. AKA: the reasons some people get sick much easier than others.
Here are 5 steps to help improve your immune system. We will look closer at these 5 topics in the future.
- The nutritional content of the foods they eat – better nutrition=better cells in the body=stronger immunity
- The stress levels you allow to build up in your body – try a Mindfully Based Stress Reduction course, or the monthly massage to help melt some of those stresses away.
- Reduce the amount of poisons you are exposed to on a daily basis
- Cleaners in your home that you inhale or absorb through the skin
- Products you rub on your body & absorb through the skin
- Air fresheners that basically numb your sniffer.
- Exercise AT LEAST 10 minutes a day, 30-40 is preferred
- Keep a positive attitude
For more information on these 5 steps or other topics we discuss here, feel free to contact me.