I love the roller coaster as much as the next guy, however I did NOT enjoy the weight loss roller coaster that I rode for years. Up to 200 pounds, back down to 170, back up to 185, back down to 165… I was ready to get off the ride, however I didn’t understand what was happening.
Now I do know. I understand how the cycle works, and I make it
WORK FOR ME
We begin by deciding to make a change.
- We diet. We cut back on calories with the intention of shedding the pounds.
- Due to insufficient fuel, the body drops into the FAMINE response.
- The body cannibalizes lean muscle and fat
- Our Metabolic rate drops from decreased muscle mass
- Our body begins increasing fat storage
- Our energy levels drop
- We fall off the wagon and return to “normal” calorie levels
- The body jumps into the FEAST response
- We have a reduced metabolism from lost muscles
- We regain weight from fat (so when we are back to our original weight, we have twice as much fat as the muscle we lost)
- We gain it all back, as fat, and decide to try it again
- We diet…
It wasn’t until I understood this cycle, and had a friend teach me how to overcome this cycle that I was able to get off the roller coaster once and for all! Now, I’m a lean mean racing machine, loving life, and full of energy.
The Healthy Grease Monkey is a project by Tess Brennan dedicated to writing useful blog posts for consumers who are smart about Nutrition & what they put in & surround their body with, passionate about protecting our environment, and are committed to supporting local entrepreneurs. Those who are about healthy weight loss & dynamic living. If you would like to find out what it is like to live a healthy life, we invite you to explore our product line or find out more about our services.The Healthy Grease Monkey promotes sound nutrition, ways to improve your success and a little bit of humor.
If you have topic ideas, feel free to request a story, after all, this site is just for you. You can find out more about our products by visiting our online store and/or subscribe to an email newsletter by visiting our Smart Grease Monkey website and entering your email in the subscription area on the right pane of the web page or by adding us to your reader by subscribing to this blog.