Its Christmas time, we are hustling and bustling and I keep seeing where more and more families are dealing with the flu and other illnesses. Why is that Christmas time is when people get sick? It’s just not fair!
I feel very lucky that our household has managed to avoid all the “creeping crud” so far this year. We continue to take our supplements and eat with the purpose of boosting our immunity, knowing that occasionally we will still fight an illness.
When we do get sick with colds, stomach viruses, etc., I have a routine that I put into action to help decrease the chances of anyone else getting the bug.
- WASH YOUR HANDS – a lot! My 7 year old thinks its torture, but we constantly remind her to wash her hands.
- Hands AWAY from Your Face – CLB is a finger sucker. We work diligently to break this habit, and I can see the orthodontist in our future. We must keep reminding her over and over until she gets it. (Or doesn’t get it – in regard to the illness) (update: she has ceased the finger sucking!)
- Wash Bedding Daily – Its an extra hassle, but makes such a difference. Don’t allow those bugs to multiply. We ALSO wash her “blankie” daily as well.
- Change out Towels – I don’t always visit her bathroom, I have my own. I am always amazed at the “colors” that have transferred to the towels in her bathroom. When she is sick – we Wash them DAILY until she is better. Kitchen towels too – you never know who has wiped what with those babies. LOL
- WIPE it ALL DOWN – We use Basic G as our only germicide and disinfectant. No need to stress the body with additional neuro-toxic fumes, the body needs to focus energies on healing and not on eliminating toxins from the body. A microfiber cloth and a spritz of diluted G will tak care of it all! (doorknobs, light switches, sink handles, refrigerator handle, and toilet handles. Other items can be wiped down with a towel that has been spritzed with G: phones, remote controls, and gaming controls) You can find the COMPLETE list of pathogens Basic G kills here on the bottom of the page. (We’ve found that Lysol and other “commercial” germicide products multiply our illnesses in the house by compromising our human immune system, so we steer clear and head for the more natural options, AND Basic G is much less expensive.)
- Receptacles for Gooey Tissues – We move a trash can to the ill patient’s “nesting area” or an empty protein canister (re-purposed) The last thing I want to handle is my hubby’s pile of slimy tissues! A protein canister, a trash can, a grocery bag – something to “contain the cooties”!
- Once the sickness is gone, it is best to Replace tooth-brushes! During the ordeal, you can soak them in hydrogen peroxide or run ’em through the dishwasher. I do know some folks who rinse them in a very dilute mixture of the Basic G then rinse them very, very well. (It is not labeled for this and I don’t, but I do know some who do.)
For some additional ideas and tips to stay healthy – here is an article I wrote this fall – “5 Tips for Avoiding the New Respiratory Virus +”
I also like to spray down the leather sofas with the Basic G whenever they get up off of it! We spray down the cushions and the arm rests and wipe it down with a microfiber towel. This is where most of the family “nests” during a “battle”. 🙂
Make it a GREAT day!
You must be logged in to post a comment.