My hubby’s boss went fishing down off the keys and caught some dolphin fish. Tim asked me to prepare it for the grill, so here is what we did, and in my opinion, it was FABULOUS! Tell me your experience.
It did help that the fish was uber fresh, too.
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp cayenne pepper
2 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 1/4 tsp dried oregano
|2 1/2 tsp paprika||1 1/4 tsp dried thyme|
|1 tsp ground black pepper||1 tsp onion powder|
|2 4 oz fillets mahi mahi, rinsed & patted dry||3 TBSP maple syrup|
Directions to make Cajun Seasoning:
- In a small bowl stir together salt, garlic powder, paprika, black pepper, onion powder, cayenne pepper, oregano, and thyme until evenly blended
- Place extra in an air tight container for future use.
Directions for putting together the Mahi Mahi:
- Heat the grill to about 300 degrees
- In a bowl, stir the maple syrup and 1 1/2 TBSP of the Cajun seasoning.
- Brush the Maple syrup mixture over the mahi mahi fillets.
- Cook the mahi mahi on the grill until the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 5 minutes per side
We had chunks of the fish and that worked wonders as well!