When attempting to make healthy choices, many times people feel challenged when they begin to feel hungry.
If you feel hungry:
- Drink an 8-16 ounce glass of water and wait 20 minutes.
- If you are still hungry after the 20 minutes, grab an apple.
- Look at the apple, study the apple… Do you want to eat the apple?
- If the answer is YES! GREAT eat the healthy, organic apple.
- If the answer is NO! You are not really hungry. Go back to what you were doing before your subconscious distracted you.
Many times, we mistake thirst for hunger.
Step 1 allows us to assess whether we are really hungry or if we were actually thirsty.
Step 2 then addresses the issue of mindless eating, that so many suffer from. When we take the time to look at the food, think about the food, assess our actual state of hunger…
I may find that I was not hungry at all, just had a rogue thought or a bad habit that was trying to rear its ugly head!
For more information or helpful tips & personal coaching, feel free to contact me.