This is a tough one. Hope you can handle it.
We LOVE Roasted Sweet Potatoes, and since they are so packed with excellent vitamins & healthy minerals, we include them regularly. In my quest to choose healthy foods, this one ranks right up there AND my family loves them too!
We grill chicken at least twice a week and these are a favorite as we roast them on the grill while cooking up the chicken boobs.
- Coconut or Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Garlic Salt
- Organic Seasoning (we use Kirkland’s-bought at COSTCO)
- Sweet Potatoes (these were from my friend’s family farm in Lousiana)
- Wash potatoes well
- Chop potatoes into 1/2-1 inch pieces
- Coat skillet with EVOO or Coconut oil ~2 TBLSP
- Arrange in a single layer on an iron skillet
- Sprinkle Seasoning & Garlic Salt over potatoes
- Roast over low heat on the grill until browned
- The natural sugars caramelize and taste great
- My 7 yr old thinks these are the best french fries
We have made these on the stove over medium heat (when we run out of LP for our grill) and we have made them over an open camp fire, in a bigger skillet.
We have also been known to mix in some red potatoes with them for a little variation. (We are eating protein with the meal so a carb isn’t as bad)
Super easy, super tasty, super healthy!