This is an amazing salad that even my husband will eat… His first response was “raw broccoli, ick” then he tasted it and was pleasantly surprised. The flavors of these ingredients melt together to give the perfect combination of flavor, texture, and pleasure in food.
It also contains a sugar, a fat, and a salt to help cause the brain to give you that “satisfied” feeling after you have tasted, chewed, and consumed it.
- 2-3 cups of finely chopped broccoli (I chop it tiny so you can get all the flavors in every bite.)
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 10 rounds of Canadian bacon (Less fat, no nitrates – I buy mine at Costco)
- 3/4 cup of raisins (I prefer organic green grape raisins)
- 3/4 cup of slivered almonds
- 1/2-3/4 cup olive oil mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup raw, organic sugar
- 2 tablespoons of white wine vinegar
I’ve chopped the Canadian bacon into small pieces, then added the finely chopped broccoli
Add the onion, raisins & almond slivers & mix.
Whisk together the mayo, organic raw sugar, & white wine vinegar.
Pour over the salad and mix well. It is best when you let it marinate for a bit before you eat it! FABULOUS treat! I like to keep this in the fridge to munch on throughout the week.