I had the munchies this AM so I fixed myself one of my favorite treats! Saute’d Brussel Sprouts and mixed veggies. This amazingly flavorful treat is full of nutrient dense bites and fiber. Only 122 calories per serving and so much goodness!
This is SO easy and has so much flavor! (Makes 2 servings)
Begin by chopping your veggies:
4-5 fresh brussel sprouts, sliced in half
1/2 bell pepper, chopped
1 small onion, sliced or chopped
1 carrot chopped
3 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped or halved.
Pour 1 TBSP grape seed oil (it has a higher flash point and is safer for saute’ing than is EVOO) into a skillet or pan. (We use iron skillets) and heat over medium heat.
Add sprouts, cut side down and all other veggies to hot oil. Cover the pan and let them cook for 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
When you notice the color of your produce begins to really POP and your onions and sprouts have begun to caramelize, Move them to a bowl and enjoy.
* Sometimes, I add a sprinkle of Bragg’s Liquid Aminos for a different pop of flavor.
This is an amazing salad that even my husband will eat… His first response was “raw broccoli, ick” then he tasted it and was pleasantly surprised. The flavors of these ingredients melt together to give the perfect combination of flavor, texture, and pleasure in food.
It also contains a sugar, a fat, and a salt to help cause the brain to give you that “satisfied” feeling after you have tasted, chewed, and consumed it.
- 2-3 cups of finely chopped broccoli (I chop it tiny so you can get all the flavors in every bite.)
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 10 rounds of Canadian bacon (Less fat, no nitrates – I buy mine at Costco)
- 3/4 cup of raisins (I prefer organic green grape raisins)
- 3/4 cup of slivered almonds
- 1/2-3/4 cup olive oil mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup raw, organic sugar
- 2 tablespoons of white wine vinegar
I soak my broccoli in a solution of water & Basic H (two drops) to clean anything still on it.
I’ve chopped the Canadian bacon into small pieces, then added the finely chopped broccoli
Add the onion, raisins & almond slivers & mix.
Whisk together the mayo, organic raw sugar, & white wine vinegar.
Pour over the salad and mix well. It is best when you let it marinate for a bit before you eat it! FABULOUS treat! I like to keep this in the fridge to munch on throughout the week.