The CDC reports that eating plenty of Fruits and Veggies could:
"Eat your fruits and vegetables." You’ve likely heard this statement since childhood. Research shows why it is good advice:
- Healthy diets rich in fruits and vegetables may reduce the risk of cancer and other chronic diseases.
- Fruits and vegetables also provide essential vitamins and minerals, fiber, and other substances that are important for good health.
- Most fruits and vegetables are naturally low in fat and calories and are filling.
Find ways to fit them in!!
Here are some ways I fit more of these colorful gems into my daily life.
- Start be blending 1/2 a banana and some berries in a smoothee.
- Mix a 1/2 cup of veggies in with your eggs in the AM.
- Keep an apple, orange, or grapefruit with you for on the go snacks.
- Keep Veggies and Fruits washed and prepped ready to eat. – When they are all ready to go. When they are prepped and ready, it is so much easier to reach for them when the mood strikes. (Helps us to avoid grabbing cookies or chips instead.)
- Fix an extra veggie with dinner. It doesn’t’ take that long to heat up an extra serving of veggies when prepping the rest of dinner.
- For a dessert or snack – opt for fresh fruit instead of ice cream!
- Salads are good for any time of the day and aren’t all just leafy greens (even though they are tasty and do count!) Try a tasty broccoli salad or a mixed fruit salad. Keep away from the polluted HV ranch dressing – even try making some of your own.
What are some of the ways you like to fit your 7 to 9 in each day?