What to pack for my daughter’s lunch? What to give her for a healthy snack? Chocolate Chip Cookies of course! (But not what you are thinking.)
I work to be sure that my daughter gets a balanced diet every day. I pack her lunch, out of necessity, every day of school, and I work to be sure that she gets a sampling of all the food groups.
Here is one of her new favorites – She calls them Cookies!
2.5 cups whole wheat Flour
0.5 cups Instant Protein
1.5 cups rolled oats (ground)
1.5 tsp baking soda
1tsp ground cinnamon
0.75 cups ground pecans
0.5 tsp salt
0.75 cups butter
1 cups brown sugar
1 TBSP Vanilla
6 large eggs
1 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350* F
- In large bowl, mix dry ingredients through salt
- In mixer – cream butter & brown sugar
- Add vanilla and 1 egg at a time
- Slowly add dry mixture until all blended
- Stir in chips
- Drop by scant 1/4 cups onto parchment paper lined cookie tray – flatten slightly (makes right at 24 cookies)
- Bake 11-13 minutes until slightly browned on top
- Cool on pan for ~5 minutes then use spatula to move to wire racks to cool.
I put cooled cookies in zip lock bags and store in the fridge to use in her lunches. They freeze well, but don’t normally last that long.
Here’s the amazing part! The nutritional figures:
Each cookie has about 169 calories, 8.7 g of Fat, 18.1 g of Carbohydrates, 3 g of Fiber, AND… 6.5 g of protein!!!
Tasty treat AND good for you! Dip them in milk for an extra special treat!