Do you gasp for breath when scrubbing the tub or shower? The unknown ingredients in commercial household cleaners, laundry detergents, & dish soaps are full of environmental toxins that can accumulate in your body and contribute to weight gain and diabetes.
These toxins mess around with the body’s ability to balance blood sugar and metabolize cholesterol, increasing the risks of insulin resistance.
I, personally, have found ways to eliminate and reduce my family’s exposure to these toxins while still keeping a clean home. (So to speak – I do have a 5 yr old.) I have also made easy switches and changes in my daily life to eliminate what I’ve been and around and to counteract the potential damages of things I may be exposed to.
Some of the things I have done, include but are not limited to:
- Drink filtered/purified WATER to flush toxins out through sweating and the bathroom visits. (
- Eat extra helpings of Fresh/Lightly steamed fruits and veggies to move toxins through the digestive system faster, allowing fewer to be absorbed. (I add Pico de gallo to my breakfast and try to snack on them throughout the day.)
- Use Non-Toxic Cleaning products. (Some people prefer to make their own from things like vinegar and baking soda. I prefer something simpler that doesn’t smell like vinegar.)
- Breathing clean air. (Belly Breaths)
- Air out your home for a minimum of 5 minutes per week with FRESH air.
- A GOOD Air Filtration system.
- Swap out your personal care & beauty products for those without questionable ingredients. (Slathering on 9 different products all just barely under the company standard threshold could be putting you well above that safe level of said “questionable” ingredient.)
Go ahead, blame it on your cleaning house, BUT THEN, do something to change it and get back on the road to better health!
For more information, feel free to contact me.
Here’s to your return to the lead lap of your life!!!