In May of last year a reporter came to my home to report “What’s in My Fridge.” She wanted to know what she would find in a health coach’s refrigerator. It was an excellent opportunity to evaluate if I was actually LIVING what I teach/coach/preach.
Today, as you are preparing for the NEW YEAR, think about what is in YOUR fridge?
Is your resolution, or goal, for 2015 to become healthier, to lose weight, to improve your health statistics? If you are setting realistic goals, You NEED to set yourself up for success. If it isn’t in your refrigerator or pantry, you are less likely to eat it.
- Eliminate Soda and sweet drinks. Ramp down slowly, if you are used to drinking multiple sodas (or the gallon jug per day from the gas station) to keep from having caffeine withdrawal. You can reduce your caffeinated beverage by a cup a day until you have weened yourself off. I switched to a natural soda for a while until I was ready to cut it out almost entirely. (Izze)
- Switch to whole foods. Eliminate low fat/no fat. Eliminate artificial sweeteners. Look to fresh whole foods for high fiber, nutritive choices… apples, strawberries, grapes are sweet… carrots, celery, and cherry tomatoes are crunchy… a sprinkle of Himalayan sea salt and they are great!
- Throw out the processed foods. Our media and advertisers have done an exceptional job of making us believe that we can’t do it all and eat too unless they do it for us! LIE! Bald faced LIE! It is just a matter of learning new habits. I have done it, it is possible, and you will LOVE the difference! I enjoy showing people ways to create tasty treats and to make sure you have healthy foods, even when time is short! When you stock up on the Whole Foods, you should immediately eliminate all the processed to make room for the healthier options.
- Gluten FREE does NOT equal HEALTHY. Many companies have jumped on the “Gluten Free” band wagon. I have news for you… Processed food is Processed food whether it has Gluten or NOT. 😉 (Also, Fat free, sugar free, or any other “FREE” does not equal healthy.)
- ASK FOR HELP. Not sure where to begin. Ask for help. JUST ASK. I enjoy helping others and assisting them in learning to live healthier lives.
You don’t need to make the change all at once! Even One Change Counts! I have videos to help you learn, blog articles, coaching, classes, and many friends who all work to share the good news. That healthier can be done.
Happy New Year! Make 2015 HAPPY, HEALTHY, AND PROSPEROUS!