Summer is upon us. Hot temps are the norm now in Florida, so my daughter has been begging for Watermelon-Lemonade. This tasty treat is good for her and yummy too!
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups of fresh watermelon
- 1 lemon
- 10-15 fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- water to top off pitcher
- Scoop the Watermelon into a blender or blender cup
- Drop in your fresh mint leaves
- Blend until it is all a smooth consistency
- Pour into a small mesh sieve
- Allow watermelon mixture to separate
- Squeeze juice from 1 lemon
- Use a rubber spatula to work all the liquid left out through the sieve
- Pour the lemon juice into the pitcher
- Top pitcher off with water & add sugar
(note to self, 6 yr olds like to spill sugar so they can lick it up)
- Stir thoroughly
- Pour over ice and enjoy! Stores in the fridge for up to 4 days – if it lasts that long!
Her big glass of lemonade was gone before I could even sit down to write this up!
For more ideas on how to improve your health, or kick the health up in your favorite recipes, contact me!