I know that adequate water intake is important when looking for health through our diet. I understand that water flushes the system, hydrates to keep things moving smoothly, and is 75-80 of our healthy bodies.
Sometimes I want a little flavor in my water. Here is a flavored water recipe or tea that I drink quite often.
- Filtered Water
- Cinnamon Stick
- Cut about 10 leaves off your lemongrass. Here is part of my lemongrass patch.
- Wash the leaves and cut them into about 3-4 inch lengths & place in a pot of about 3-4 cups of water.
- Stir in the lemongrass with a cinnamon stick. Break the stick in half and drop it down into the water.
- Boil water on the stove for 5-10 minutes depending on how strong you would like your tea.
- Strain out the leaves and cinnamon stick.
- Top off with filtered water, chill and enjoy!
For more of a flavored water (less of a tea) dilute it with filtered water and enjoy the fresh flavors!