My friend, Chris Griffith of Life in Bonita Springs recently shared her recipe for the perfect potato. I fixed it for my family and WOW!
An easy, healthy recipe to not only make the tater tasty, but I EVEN ate the skins!
Typically, I will bake a sweet potato in the oven, then crack off and peel off the skin. (Skins have feelings, and nutrients too.) When I finished baking these, the skins were soft and supple and tasty, so… I ATE THEM!
You won’t believe how easy this is!
You will need:
- 2 TBLS coconut oil
- coarse sea salt
- sweet potatoes (works for russets and reds too)
- 1 gallon zip lock
- large piece of aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 375
- Wash potatoes with water and a scrub brush & strain to dry
- Place coconut oil in zip lock bag
- put potatoes in zip lock and move around to coat in the coconut oil
- Lay potatoes on rack to drip off extra coconut oil (OR…remove batteries from smoke detectors and turn vent fans on high prior to cooking)
- Season lightly with course sea salt
- Place on top rack in oven with strip of foil under potatoes to catch any additional drippings
- Cook 45 minutes, or until tender
- Cut into bite sized pieces and enjoy it all – skins taste amazing too!
Leftover potatoes (I make extra) can then be used to make a very tasty breakfast hash brown recipe.
Remember, Sweet Potatoes are VEGETABLES… NOT POTATOES!
[…] Perfect Baked Sweet Potatoes […]