My event is ten days away and I am so excited to begin packing. The pool table has been repurposed to my staging area, my nutrition order has arrived, and I am chomping at the bit to get it all ready.
This blog will cover exactly what I will pack and how I will pack it to keep me going strong, rebuild the muscles as I go and provide my body with its nutritional needs throughout and after the 60-miles.
This blog IS product heavy, it is what I use and TRUST for myself, my family, friends and clients.
Yes, I am picky. Recently, there has been so much in the news about tainted and scary stuff out there. (I will post some additional links at the end of this blog that show more of why I am so picky.)
I choose products from a company I have personally vetted. When my health is at stake, I am picky about what I choose and use. With that being said… ON WITH THE SHOW.
All three days will have the same products used in the same order and for the same reasons… Although after I finish on day 3, there will most likely be an extra recovery drink beyond what I have had the previous days.
When walking 20 miles a day, for 3 days, CALORIES ARE NO OBJECT! Well, actually, they are a HUGE object and it is important to consume enough to keep your body going – on the same note, those calories should be PACKED WITH NUTRITION to allow the body to recover quicker and easier.
- 1 Shaklee 180 Vanilla smoothee with an extra serving of Instant Soy Protein
- Orange juice
- Whole banana
- Scrambled eggs (Day 2 & 3 provided by the 3-day)
- Hash browns (Day 2 & 3 provided by the 3-day)
- Any fruit or veggies offered – I will consume.
- 2 Energy Chews (these give me B vitamins and energy)
- Throughout the day, at pit stops I will pick up whatever whole fruits are available to munch on.
- I carry Apple Fiber Bars (cause it’s no fun to be backed up when walking a long distance)
- Water, Water, Water, and Performance rehydration (I’ll go through 4-6 servings of Perfomance per day)
- Shaklee 180 Protein Snack Bars (I’ll usually eat one before lunch and another after lunch)
- Stretch, stretch, stretch, put on dry socks!
- 1 Shaklee 180 Meal Bar (packed with protein, fiber and vitamins & minerals)
- The turkey & cheese off of the sandwich they provide. (I don’t do the bread, it is too refined and hinders my body’s ability to repair itself.)
- Any whole fruits or veggies offered
- 2 more Energy Chews
- NO SODAS! (The high sugar content, as well as from the breads hinders the body’s immune system and I work very hard to keep it built up during this event)
Return to camp
- Physique smoothee, preferrably mixed with OJ and an extra shot of Energizing Soy Protein.
- 2 VitalMag & 2 OmegaGuard
- Fresh Fruit
Now, stretch, stretch, drink water, shower, and stretch!
- At dinner I will usually have a second Physique smoothee as it is made to repair damaged muscle tissue and restore nutrients to my body.
- I will eat whatever they have with protein (I peel all the skin off if it is fried chicken and ask for minimal noodles if it is spaghetti.
- I will then take a handful of supplements to prevent inflammation & swelling, and to help my muscles keep from cramping.
- OmegaGuard (Fish Oil)
- Calcium Magnesium
- Stress Relief Complex
- B Complex
- (I also take these and my Vitalizer supplement strip at breakfast. If I feel like my muscles are tight at lunch I may take some extra Fish oil, VitalMag, & B complex then as well)
- Stretch, stretch, drink water, stretch, pee
- Sleep tight knowing you are doing something big to make a difference.
Links to information on the products I choose to use and represent:
Links I promised about tainted nutritional products: